• My trains wheels won't turn

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by diburning

If you're going to return every car that has a rolling problem because of inboard trucks, then don't buy cars with inboard bearing trucks because almost all cars with this truck design roll poorly. Theres no way around it. Even Rapido's new LRC cars are like that.

As for the bachmann amfleets, get some conductive lubricant and lubricate the pickups. The wheels roll on metal-on-metal power pickups. I'd suggest that you try graphite (take a pencil and rub it on the contacts until they're dark) and see whether that makes a difference. I wouldn't use a grease type unless absolutely necessary since the two sides of the pickups are so close together (you don't want the lube to run and cause a short)
  by ApproachMedium

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you there 100% the athearn ready to roll bilevels roll excellent.