Railroad Forums 

• Chicago Line questions

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #855994  by BEDT 14

Hi All!

I have a few questions regarding the Chicago Line between Sandusky & Toledo, specifically: Danbury, Gypsum & Port Clinton Ohio area:

1) What NS Division is this?
2) What NS Subdivision is this?
3) Do the mileposts progess higher in number eastward or westward.

The reason for this inquiry is that I took pictures in the area in 2005, and would like to provide correct location info in photo captions. Extensive internet search has not provided any areas (unless I'm looking in the wrong places with the wrong search terms!)

Thanks to any that can help!

Phil
 #856416  by BEDT 14

Hi Charlie!

Thanks for the lead, it will give me an idea on where too look!

Thanks again,

Phil
 #856531  by shlustig

Unless NS has changed things, Danbury is CP-248 and Pt. Clinton is CP-253.

Mileage is counted from Buffalo as this is former New York Central mainline.
 #856570  by BEDT 14

Hi shlustig!

I was taking pix at South Lightner Road grade crossing back in 2005. Not exactly Danbury and not exactly Gypsum...

But I found NS track diagrams that give the exact MP.. Which also bear your statement out. So, thanks!

Phil
 #856572  by JoeRailRoad

BEDT 14 wrote:Hi shlustig!

I was taking pix at South Lightner Road grade crossing back in 2005. Not exactly Danbury and not exactly Gypsum...

But I found NS track diagrams that give the exact MP.. Which also bear your statement out. So, thanks!

Phil
Phil,

If you found these track diagrams on the net, how about a link please.

Joe