Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

Transfer service is not work service, I have been trying to make you understand this.
  by RearOfSignal

DutchRailnut wrote:Again the bl20gh and p32ac are passenger engines by classification the bl14cg - gp35r and des70 are concidered work engines.
+1, BL20's are not on work trains.
  by Terrapin Station

DutchRailnut wrote:Transfer service is not work service, I have been trying to make you understand this.
I've never heard of "Transfer Service" being separate from work service. And since transfer service is obviously not revenue service, it seems to fall pretty well into the work service category. I've never heard of there being more than two general categories: revenue service and non-revenue service. Is this "transfer service is not work service" idea well known among railfans that I should have known this?
  by DutchRailnut

Well Brian we have been trying to explain the way it works,
unfortunatly you are one of these railbuffs who knows more than proffesional railroaders.
Answering any of your questions is like mud wrestling a pig, then after we answer it, we realize the pig just loves the mud.
  by FL9AC

The 106 was idling away in NWP today, the 104 was holding down AMMO/PMMO duties, the 103 was the protect/switcher in Croton-Harmon, and the 105 was sitting outside track 31 on the north end of the new diesel facility getting some work done. Also saw both BL14CG's switching cars at BN yard this morning. :wink:
  by Train2009

#104 was at the southend of the new Harmon Shop and in the south end of the old Shop was #105
  by DutchRailnut

103 was on AMMO this morning and 401/402 still paired doing their bn/gct esa thing.
  by Train2009

At around 2:30 PM this Afternoon in Tarrytown GP35 #104 was moving southbound with 4 hopper Cars as it was heading to the MOW Yard and at 3:30 PM it was leaving Tarrytown for the trip back to Croton-Harmon running light. I saw #104 again at the south end of the old Harmon Shop as well as GP35 #105 and a other GP35 Unit outside the New Harmon Shop.
  by Train2009

GP35 #106 was outside the North White Plains Shop this Afternoon.
  by FL9AC

GP35 #106 was outside the North White Plains Shop this Afternoon
Where it was reported last...and has been continuously sitting shut down since that time. Let's post changes to status...not continous posts of the same unit in the same location/on the same job...
  by Train2009

At 12:00 PM this afternoon GP35 #103 was running light northbound thru Tarrytown, at 13:00 BL14s #401 and 402 were entering Croton-Harmon and saw #103 again in Tarrytown at 15:00 PM as it was running long-forward on Work Extra with 4 hopper cars.
  by elec tech

FL9AC wrote:
GP35 #106 was outside the North White Plains Shop this Afternoon
Where it was reported last...and has been continuously sitting shut down since that time. Let's post changes to status...not continous posts of the same unit in the same location/on the same job...

The 106 has a new job, its called out of service.
  by FL9AC

Saw it heading south on the harlem light this afternoon...what's the story? BTW...out of service and shopped are two different things ;).
  by DutchRailnut

106 on AMMO standby on Wye in Motthaven
  by elec tech

FL9AC wrote:
Saw it heading south on the harlem light this afternoon...what's the story? BTW...out of service and shopped are two different things ;).
No brake release from 1 piston. I'm guessing that this engine couldn't leave under its own power with improper release so it would have to be towed by another.

But they must have fixed it by now.