Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#692103  by Swedish Meatball

I bought Yankee Stadium tickets and was told they would be Peak hour. I always believed that if you were not going to Manhattan or Harlem you purchased an intermediate ticket. I know I'm travelling on a different division but the distance is shorter. Can any of the workers who post here give an informed answer. I left from New Haven.
 #692163  by The Interloafer

Yankees-E. 153rd Street is an intermediate stop only on the Hudson Line. For the special game-day service on the New Haven and Harlem Lines, the station is a destination station in the same category as Grand Central and Harlem. Tickets from those lines are peak or off-peak. Tickets from the Hudson Line are intermediate.
 #692197  by mntktagt

Nope, we sell peak and off-peak tickets to Yankee Stadium. The station is in the same classification as GCT and 125th. "When purchasing a ticket to Yankees-E.153rd Street
Station from a Harlem or New Haven Line station, be sure to purchase a peak ticket if part of your trip is during a peak travel time. However, if you are traveling to a weekday evening game and transferring at Harlem-125th Street or Grand Central during the peak, you can purchase an off-peak ticket between your boarding station and Yankees-E. 153rd Street Station." (directly from the schedule folder)
 #692281  by RearOfSignal

mntktagt wrote:Nope, we sell peak and off-peak tickets to Yankee Stadium. The station is in the same classification as GCT and 125th. "When purchasing a ticket to Yankees-E.153rd Street
Station from a Harlem or New Haven Line station, be sure to purchase a peak ticket if part of your trip is during a peak travel time. However, if you are traveling to a weekday evening game and transferring at Harlem-125th Street or Grand Central during the peak, you can purchase an off-peak ticket between your boarding station and Yankees-E. 153rd Street Station." (directly from the schedule folder)
So to translate... If you're going to Yankees E 153 at 7:30 am from Greenwich, buy a peak ticket, since the portion Greenwich to HLM125 is considered peak. If you're going from Scarsdale to to Yankees E 153 at 5:30 pm you can buy off-peak since the portion Scarsdale to HLM125 is off-peak. If you're going from GCT/HLM125 directly to Yankees E 153 at 6:00 pm buy a peak since you are not transferring.
 #692284  by RearOfSignal

Swedish Meatball wrote:I bought Yankee Stadium tickets and was told they would be Peak hour. I always believed that if you were not going to Manhattan or Harlem you purchased an intermediate ticket. I know I'm travelling on a different division but the distance is shorter. Can any of the workers who post here give an informed answer. I left from New Haven.
I thought you were a Conductor for some reason.