Railroad Forums 

• Cool new railroad! (CSX -> CSI)

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#650690  by roadster

I guess the paintshop employee really likes that show. Or is it that they think CSX is a Crime Scene? :-D
 #650799  by sd80mac

roadster wrote:I guess the paintshop employee really likes that show. Or is it that they think CSX is a Crime Scene? :-D

Roadster... Are you blaming paintshop employee?? :wink: :-D

Charlies... I have seen picture of that somewhere before. Also I had pic of 4773, spelled "CSY", believe or not, at the same location where you got 4741 with "CSI".
 #650880  by buddah

OK that's unusual, I don't think its photo shopped, just one CSX let get by the radar because they have more important things to do than look for one miss placed letter on over a few 100 locomotives. Might even have been strategically placed there to see if anyone would notice.
 #650883  by FarmallBob

RussNelson wrote:That's pretty funny!
I agree Russ - it IS kinda clever!
RussNelson wrote:And if it's photoshopped, then it's VERY artfully done since the grabbar shadow is present, and the lower capital of the I is underneath the hand-rail.
Seems unlikely it was photoshopped. There's multiple photos of "CSI 4741" at various locations all over the eastern US shot by various photographers over the past several years here:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/srchTh ... 741&Page=1

...FB
 #650893  by sd80mac

FarmallBob wrote:
RussNelson wrote:That's pretty funny!
I agree Russ - it IS kinda clever!
RussNelson wrote:And if it's photoshopped, then it's VERY artfully done since the grabbar shadow is present, and the lower capital of the I is underneath the hand-rail.
Seems unlikely it was photoshopped. There's multiple photos of "CSI 4741" at various locations all over the eastern US shot by various photographers over the past several years here:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/srchTh ... 741&Page=1

...FB

No they are not photoshopped. they are, like, reflective tape, that you can peel off the tape and rearrange into different letter. I once saw blank wall where the logo was suppose to be there. Someone peeled off the logo off the locomotive. I cant recall if it was UP or ?? Other time, one of them peeled off the cabnumber (# below the side window) and put it back on, upside down..

They are doing painting more simple, cheaper and quicker now.. no more 100% paint from primer to the numbers and logos like the old days. It''s most likely someone who were train crew, hostiler, or someone who works on locomotives (MY ASSUME!! dont take my words that it's always the trainc crews...)
 #651070  by Conrail4evr

The unit was in Buffalo today, sitting beneath Harlem Road. Was tacked onto Q268 as their second unit since their second unit coming into Buffalo was having a lot of problems.
 #661982  by conrail_engineer

I can tell you how that probably came to be.

On the EMDs with the butterscotch paintjobs...the nose stenciling, is glue-on appliques; using a soft-sticky glue and vinyl material. It's easily peeled and easily cut and shaped with a pocketknife.

Graffito inside the cabs with those kinds of stick-ons is pretty commonplace. Apparently a crewman had too much time stopped at a red signal, and this after watching too much hotel TV.

:-D
 #664795  by GulfRail

I guess they got tired of CSX, and decided to create CSI. Guess that means they won't be needing the "T" at the end of their reporting mark anymore. LOL!