Railroad Forums 

• Freight / (and more specifically) Trash Car fleets

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

#130107  by tushykushy

For a long time, Coastal was getting these huge garbage cars, but it's been awhile since I've caught any action near there (I forget the plate letter on the car.) Isn't the clearance limit 15'6''?

#130117  by DogBert

Knife-Switch wrote:According to rumors (now remember Calverton was a rumor once)...Waste Mgt is ready to tear down all sorts of stuff and put in all sorts of new tracks and runarounds to continue C&D and expand into MSW..thus leading to more of a reason to begin a CSX "Trash Train"....guess we'll just have to wait and see.
that would be most interesting though like you i'll believe it when I see it.

if i recall right there was some agreement made early on that nya & csx couldn't haul MSW out over the bridge as part of the agreement to lease freight ops from LIRR. I believe it only had a 5 year cap from startup date of operations though.

#130643  by alcoAL

I have 2 questions. 1- where in Lindenhurst is the new site and 2- At Farmingdale, how are the cars moved in & out of the loading building while being loaded? It's hard to see with that fence there. Thanks.

Found my answer to #2 in an earlier posting: They use a bobcat during the day to move cars around.

#130817  by tushykushy

A bobcat moves the cars at Coastal in Farmingdale.

I'd say the sight is within a mile from Babylon on the Central Branch. It's right in the middle.
 #130850  by freightguy

The C&D site in Lindenhurst is just south of Sunrise on the Central Branch. There is actually going to be 2 costumers off that lead with a brick guy behind the C&D operation. In contrast to La Qwanda's beau it is definetely closer to the Babylon side of the Central.

#130963  by jayrmli

The clearance issues depend on what kind of cars they use. If they're using the big Plate F cars, they're not cleared for the Montauk.

Jay
 #475196  by C&D CASH OUT

I am a college student doing a school project.can someone help me find c&d transfer stations on rail?is there a list somewhere?looking for stations in NY and NJ mainly.i am running out of time.....