Railroad Forums 

• Major Amtrak Excursion

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#20891  by njt4172

For all you GE fans out there! It will be the first GE engines to leave Hoboken terminal on a public excursion since the U-34CH farewell trip in 1994!!!! :D :D

#20927  by NIMBYkiller

I don't care bout the price, I'm definately gonna try to go on this trip. Is that only 13 seats left on the whole train, or is it just for that one expensive section. Do you think I'd be able to pay and ride on the day of the trip?

#20959  by Irish Chieftain

Do you think I'd be able to pay and ride on the day of the trip?
Only if there are seats available, and only if they don't close sales before the day of the trip. You had better not have any plans for the day other than the trip, because it's six hours there, a layover period, and six hours back.

Also, since the train pulls out of Hoboken at 7:30 am, I don't think there would be a "ticket booth" selling remaining tickets (if any remain) on that day...

#20962  by MickD

Don, Thanks for info. I'm hopin' to work something out. Problem is vacation time I've already allotted.

#21007  by DonPevsner

The "13 seats available" are on the PV "NEW YORK CENTRAL 3," @ $495 each RT, including 3 meals. Hundreds of COACH seats are open thus far @ $185RT, as promotion only started yesterday. Look for large ads in RAILFAN & RAILROAD and MODEL RAILROAD Magazines in about 3.5 weeks.