Railroad Forums 

• Secaucus Ramblings/Observations

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#28481  by Mark Schweber

Well, the discussion is drifting off topic to people's seats habits, which does not bother me but might our esteemed chief. Anyway on the subject of seats --

This morning I took the train earlier than the one I usually do. It expresses from Millburn (no Newark Broad, no Secaucus) and is pretty packed by Short Hills were I got on. As normal there are a fair number of middle seats open, eventhough quite a few people are standing (I got onto a C5 and people were standing by the middle door). There were 2 window seats in two's open. In both cases the person by the aisle had spread his "office" into the window seat, oblivious of the fact that there were people standing. They were also "concentrating" very hard on their work to further discourage anyone from taking the seat.

Of course, loving the window I jumped at the oportunity to take one of the seats. I got the full dirty look treatment and verry slow removal of the items on the window seat before the person got up to let me in.

I made sure to be particularly annoying while reading my Times and Star Ledger on the way in.

#28501  by rail__debris

the anouncements at secaucus definately needs some work.

last week i transfered from the main line and went to the nypenn-bound platform. i tooked my time getting to the platform as my connection was not for another ten minutes. after ten minutes, go to look at the arrival time and it said the the nec would be five minutes late. so, i kept waiting and the nec didnt show up. a m&e did show up, but it didnt stop at sec, just kept going. (actually it was m&e train #6654, the same one that doesnt go to sec that i mentioned on my previous post). so everyone at this point is outside of the waiting room and aspecting this nec train any second, but the train didnt show up for about another ten minutes. i wasnt that angry becuz i wasnt on a tight schedule and i know that sometime the nec gets packed and delayed but better notification would be nice.

#28569  by Irish Chieftain

Well, the discussion is drifting off topic to people's seats habits, which does not bother me but might our esteemed chief
Those same seats pass through Secaucus Junction, and are arguably their most important (if mobile) feature.

Invitation to co-mod is still open...

#28662  by nick11a

Irish Chieftain wrote:Invitation to co-mod is still open...
Might be fun to be a mod, but I think IrishChieftan is doing a good job solo.