Railroad Forums 

• On many levels, a better train (S/L article on bilevels)

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#27591  by Jtgshu

East would be towards NYP, west would be towards Philly - If you were passing Edison, then the interlocking (im assuming Edison interlocking you are talking about) you would be going east, that would be approaching the 100 mph curve, then you would approach the 90 mph curve, then the 80.

#27663  by hsr_fan

Jtgshu wrote:East would be towards NYP, west would be towards Philly - If you were passing Edison, then the interlocking (im assuming Edison interlocking you are talking about)...
It was the interlocking that's located right at the Metuchen station platforms.

#27692  by TAMR213

Hsr,

Then it was Lincoln. Edison interlocking is the track 2 to 1 crossover just west of the west leg of the 0 track (metuchen yard/recieveing yard lead). And also, as Jt said, North = East, South = West. I belive thats pretty standard among RRs.

#27703  by DutchRailnut

Oh Moderator I like to report a hijacked tread, it no longer has anything to do with the Bi-Level issue. :( :(

#27711  by arrow

JoeG wrote:If the FRA set airliner standards, they would insist that planes be built out of thick steel armor plate. They would say it wasn't their problem if their safety rules prevented the planes from getting off the ground.
Good job! I was trying to put that thought into words for a long time now but I think you figured it out! I agree that the FRA rules are going towards the ridiculous side now.

#28608  by Mark Schweber

A picture on another current thread of the C1 interior as originally delivered with 2 2 seating makes me think ---

NJT will probably find that the bilevels with 2 2 seating do not provide enough seats and will, when the first rebuild comes around replace 2 2 seating with 2 3 seating.