• A rare look at the 01400 Red Line work train!

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Robert Paniagua

That is my NERAIL section with one interior shot of the 1400 series car at STM. I have more i took, just let me know what you all want to see

Yes, thanks. I'll take a look at all shots you took, so that I can remenice, boast and even gloat about these favorite cars of mine. Including the cab shots.

by GP40MC 1116

by Robert Paniagua

Thanks for those photos, they were nice ones, especially the cab pic which included the door opening/closing control knobs, which were manufactured by Vapor Heating Limited Co, Inc.

by RailBus63

Those door controls are not original - I'll have to check my slides but I remember both the 01400's and the 01500/01600's having levers.

Jim

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, that's what I figured too, I think the 01400s and 15/16's had the original levers by Vapor Heating Limited Co, Inc and those door-knob devices were made by Westcode USA, and were installed during mid-life rebuild, I believe.