Railroad Forums 

• CSX Track Upgrades & Infrastructure of Pan Am

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1642322  by CPF66

Could also be for the main line in the yard. They have switches laid out for track 1 & 2 but only dropped rail from CPF-113 west. Which is anything needs rail, its those two tracks.
 #1642380  by CPF66

The rail train dumped for track 1 & 2 at Waterville as well as a rail length in Benton, before heading to Orono to dump three lengths of rail, and the final one was dumped at ND in Old Town most likely to replace a small section of jointed rail Corman missed last year.
 #1643079  by hillsboyro

MEC 507 and MEC 516 took 5 loaded ballast cars down the Hillsborough branch on the 17th. Not sure where they went with them because I don't think they had the cars with them when they left Wilton later that day. Maybe at East Milford? very cool to see 2 mainline locomotives doubleheading the Hillsborough.
 #1643144  by CPF66

There should be another tie job this year, I am guessing to keep the tie gang busy once they finish on the Portsmouth Branch and the main, considering the amount of work which was done last year. There should also be some more work done when it comes to rail replacement, to fix the number of flying dutchmen, and broken rails on the Hillsborough this summer. I believe CSX is reusing rail from the rehab on the east end of D1 to do so.