Railroad Forums 

• New Housing Over Harlem Amtrak Tracks

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1642067  by Jeff Smith

Amtrak hasn't said "yes": Patch

Former Depot?
The project at West 135th Street looks to replace a former train depot with a 60-unit building with two floors hanging over Amtrak tracks.

HARLEM, NY — A proposal to build a residential building next to active Amtrak train tracks in Harlem — with two of the floors partially cantilevered over the rails — has moved forward in the next stage of the rezoning approval process.

Developers under the name Crosscap Holdings LLC are seeking a rezoning approval for 701 West 135th St., where they hope to build a seven story, 60-unit 45,500-square-foot building beneath Riverside Park, directly abutting and over the elevated train line.
 #1642108  by Railjunkie

I am qualified on that bit of railroad and a bit of a NYCRR buff. I cant place where there was a depot and I cant find my track charts. I do know there is a brick building marked NYCRR in the stone work but I do not think that it had anything to do with passengers. Plus its to far down on the north side pf the elevated section near where the Harlem soccer club.