Railroad Forums 

• CNZR - Armory Branch

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1590414  by Ale Rider1

CVRA7 wrote:Information I received from a trusted source - potential business on the original CNE (Griffins) in a warehouse - it won't replace the Home Depot volume but it will be something. Pole line replacement along part of this line is largely completed, mostly cleanup remains.
On the Armory branch work scheduled to resume on the rebuilding - there are two existing customers are at the South WIndsor end of the line but supposedly there is at least one "definite" customer up in the Hazardville (Enfield) area.
I wonder if the truck driver shortage will help generate rail carload business? Let's hope the big railroads don't drop the ball if there is opportunity - I know the shortlines would be very happy.
Good news on Griffins. Thanks for sharing. South Windsor customers are the fertilizer dealer and a brick company correct?
 #1590890  by Firetiger58

Unless you reconnect the armory branch to the CSX Boston line This is nothing more than a waste of rail and ties Is on a dead end branch with little or no customers.
 #1592102  by Plate C

Not a lot of freight movement right now but between Bloomfield @ Cottage Grove Rd and Hartford there's a lot of activity by the power company replacing the old wood poles with taller, metal ones. They're working pretty much daily, lot of different heavy equipment from Michels being used on the tracks if you're into that sort of thing.
 #1622854  by FLRailfan2

On You Tube, there is supposed to be a new customer being built in East Longmeadow for CNZR. It is called Deer Park. Anyone knows about it?

Also, anything in Home Depot old place? I'd love to see CNZR with more customers on both lines...
 #1623006  by Stp243

FLRailfan2 wrote:On You Tube, there is supposed to be a new customer being built in East Longmeadow for CNZR. It is called Deer Park. Anyone knows about it?

Also, anything in Home Depot old place? I'd love to see CNZR with more customers on both lines...
The new customer in East Longmeadow is going to be one of those waste transfer stations in the Deer Park Industrial Park. It will be a similar operation to the one in Wilbraham on the B&A but smaller in scale. Its still in the permitting phase as far as I know and it isn't set in stone.

CNZR looks to have some decent trackwork to be completed before this can happen though. I'm sure if the new facility gets the green light that'll speed up the process for the line in CT.

Not sure about the old Home Depot location on the other side of the river.
 #1637802  by CVRA7

I worked part time as a construction flagger in Broad Brook when the sinkhole project was underway. Sadly the ended when the parallel pipeline was stabilized - there was stall around 10-15 feet of fill missing. More permits now have to be applied for before the project can resume from what I was told. There had been more of the debris cars stored between the two grade crossings south of the sinkhole work area - I was told that all the cars had come off of a lease and had been replaced by new cars. Lots of trackwork ahead to get up to the state line.