Railroad Forums 

• Where will the Brightline Tampa Station Go?

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1630058  by JohnFromJersey

I've heard it will be somewhere in Ybor City, but where??? Tampa is a pretty dense city these days, so it would make sense to me to have Brightline come off of I-4 and connect onto the tracks that lead to the Amtrak station.
 #1633087  by Jeff Smith

According to the Tampa mayor, Ybor: WFLA.com
Tampa Brightline station will be built in Ybor City area, mayor says

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — One day after Tampa officials toured Brightline high-speed rail facilities across Florida, Mayor Jane Castor enthused about the company’s proposed expansion to Tampa.

The details are still in the works, Castor said Tuesday, but city’s long-awaited Brightline station will be built in the Ybor City area.

“The route is already laid out from Orlando to Tampa,” Castor said. “It will basically go down the middle of I-4 and then come in to the Ybor City area, where the Brightline station will be located.”

While visiting the West Palm Beach station – which will be similar in scope to the proposed Tampa station, according to Brightline – Castor remarked on the community that sprung up around it.