Railroad Forums 

• Beesley's Point Future

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1631826  by Railcar1

It was mentioned that all the structures in the way of the implosion were removed in preparation so I’m assuming it was done already. Maybe someone who knows can respond.
 #1631837  by JohnFromJersey

Beesley's Point, in an alternative reality, could become a high-density housing/residential area where you could put a few thousand people, and the railroad becomes a NJT shuttle to get them too and from connections with the Atlantic City Line
 #1632086  by Bracdude181

Article with a video showing the demolition:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/philadelphi ... eys-point/

Looks like all the tracks that were on the property (or at least the multiple sidings and railcar unloading equipment) is gone as well. Wondering what will become of the BPIT. CMSL is storing cars as far as Petersburg but can’t go past Palermo at the moment…
 #1632130  by Bracdude181

CMSL doesn’t operate on the industrial track, only the secondary from Winslow to Palermo. Palermo onwards is the IT owned by Conrail. Not sure why Conrail has held onto that track for so long…
 #1632205  by WashingtonPark

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:03 pm CMSL doesn’t operate on the industrial track, only the secondary from Winslow to Palermo. Palermo onwards is the IT owned by Conrail. Not sure why Conrail has held onto that track for so long…
What I meant was there is no future for the BPIT except to sell it off since Tuckahoe to Palermo is freight storage. I guess since CRSA saw an easy sale they figured why give it to someone else to profit off of.
 #1632206  by Bracdude181

I agree they should sell it to CMSL since at the bare minimum they’ll do something with that track, but what I’m wondering is why the IT hasn’t been sold off/leased already. Unless Conrail is waiting to see what happens with the BL England property. I believe it was the summer before Conrail gave the local freight rights to CMSL that rumors of scrap metal trains were being heard frequently.

You know what else is weird? Even though the BPIT is dead right now Conrail came in and COMPLETELY replaced one crossing recently, as in new road, new lights, new relay case and I think they even replaced the pole and power meter! But for a dead track???
 #1632265  by WashingtonPark

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:01 pm I agree they should sell it to CMSL since at the bare minimum they’ll do something with that track, but what I’m wondering is why the IT hasn’t been sold off/leased already. Unless Conrail is waiting to see what happens with the BL England property. I believe it was the summer before Conrail gave the local freight rights to CMSL that rumors of scrap metal trains were being heard frequently.

You know what else is weird? Even though the BPIT is dead right now Conrail came in and COMPLETELY replaced one crossing recently, as in new road, new lights, new relay case and I think they even replaced the pole and power meter! But for a dead track???
Probably just spending money the state gave them. In Gloucester City they redid all the grade crossings less than a year before they tore up the second track and had to move the signals and redo them all over again.
When they did this they also redid the crossing to the yard track to Gloucester Station even though it wasn't connected to the main tract. When I asked the foreman why he said, "I don't know. That's what I was told to do."
The best one was when I saw them putting up new crossing signs on Water street protecting the NJ Zinc siding that hadn't been used in decades. When I asked why they were doing this the guy said "Look,if I ask why we're bothering with a dead track I would be told to just do my job and stop asking questions, so that's what I do."
My guess is CSAO is figuring they can sell what they own at a high price to the developer then walk off with the (state funded?) crossing protection which runs around a quarter of a billion now. CMSL doesn't want it, and CSAO knows it.
 #1632346  by WashingtonPark

WashingtonPark wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:32 pm
My guess is CSAO is figuring they can sell what they own at a high price to the developer then walk off with the (state funded?) crossing protection which runs around a quarter of a billion now. CMSL doesn't want it, and CSAO knows it.
Sorry. Meant to say million, not billion. Inflation isn't that bad yet.