• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

Bracdude181 wrote:I’ve been told 752 is receiving a new coat of black paint.
Source?
  by MHKProductions

So if SA-31 ever has overflow such as when they get freeholds cars next year for a bit, could what ever locomotive is/locomotives are working RB-1 that day sit in farmingdale while SA-31 uses the 3 tracks they have available to run around and set the cars?
  by Bracdude181

They might not be able to use those tracks. One is for parking and the other one is kept clear so SA31 can get out after dropping the loads. I’m not sure how that’s gonna play out because the space in bank is very limited.
  by AceMacSD

MHKProductions wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:23 pm So if SA-31 ever has overflow such as when they get freeholds cars next year for a bit, could what ever locomotive is/locomotives are working RB-1 that day sit in farmingdale while SA-31 uses the 3 tracks they have available to run around and set the cars?
Interchange'll be almost daily, don't expect 100 car trains going to Bank. Whatever's dropped off the night before, gets picked up and delivered to the customer or stored in fdale. The engines'll be based in fdale. That's the new base of operations.
  by JohnFromJersey

AceMacSD wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:55 pm Whenever they order a car.
I'm assuming that if Brick Recycling gets any cars, they will come through Jamesburg?
AceMacSD wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:58 pm Interchange'll be almost daily, don't expect 100 car trains going to Bank. Whatever's dropped off the night before, gets picked up and delivered to the customer or stored in fdale.
Pretty interesting that the part of the project that was meant to get freight off of the Coastline (Freehold-Farmingdale) is resulting in...
more freight on the Coastline (temporarily).

I assume that the interchange in Jamesburg will continue to operate as usual until the Spring, so parking the engines in Farmingdale is smart if they must go between Red Bank and Jamesburg often - Farmingdale is roughly the midpoint.
AceMacSD wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:58 pm The engines'll be based in fdale. That's the new base of operations.
Yep, on my way back from work today, I saw 2005 and 1888 parked on the leg of the switch in Farmingdale. I assume 752 will be joining them soon, in its new paintjob.

Does C&D have any intention of building any sort of office(s) or building(s) in Farmingdale? Even if its just a parking lot for employees to park? There is quite a bit of land there to do so, if they desire.
Last edited by JohnFromJersey on Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Bracdude181

752 is still red painted. Saw it earlier so it’s either getting painted later on or not at all.
  by JohnFromJersey

I can definitely see 752 getting repainted. 752 hasn't been painted in nearly 40 years according to @CR7876, and 752 definitely had her paint fade quite a bit more since doing this heavy freight service