Railroad Forums 

• Old rail line in Brick, NJ

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1626539  by AceMacSD

Thank you all for sharing this information. A couple of us'll be heading down to ocean county for some business matters. If we have time, we'll see if we can see any remains of the old row.
 #1626551  by CJPat

Look along Jack Martin Blvd where it crosses Burrsville Rd. That's the most obvious as it is also used as a power line ROW. If you go west, the ROW crossed over Rt 88 and parallels it into Lakewood. Not so obvious as the ROW sits back about 40-50 yards south of Rt 88 in the trees. But if you note the tall power poles thru the Car Dealership lots and into the townhouses at the corner of Rt 88 and New Hampshire (basically in Lakewood), you'll get the idea. If you go east (and draw a line to where it crosses Rt 70, you can make out the ROW opening in the trees. I observed it to be a pretty straight shot between Point Pleasant and Lakewood.
 #1626572  by AceMacSD

After looking at Lakehurst-Lakewood this afternoon we took a look at the old trolley line. Or what remains. Looked at a property along this line. Found a bridge and some row still visibly in use by a power utility.
 #1627481  by Tanker1497

I grew up in Point Pleasant and we just called them the trolly tracks. They can easily be traced trough town. Pacific ave is a very wide street as it was shared with the trolly, it cuts though a bunch of streets on it way to brick then lakewood.
At the end of green tree ave you can see the JCPL right away that once had tracks. Many streets from end of Pacific ave have signs where it crossed, again JCPL poles. These pop out on Bridge ave extention as the cross 4 lanes. ( this was all woods)
Bay Head was apposed to trollys and they were sabotaged as soon as the hug the wires. Pretty sure they never ever ran more that Pt Beach to bay Head and up Arnold ave. They May have reached near the Pine Bluff inn in Point Pleasant but never further. Hears a link might add some info.
http://pointpleasanthistory.com/time_trolley.htm
 #1627686  by AceMacSD

Thank you for that piece of history. I've been down in those parts for the passed week. Couple of us after finishing up with Freehold-Farmingdale business went looking round at the old trolley route. Gonna look closer in Point pleasent bay head on Monday Tuesday. My buddy's plan to purchase a lot with that row fell through cause of "local politics" but he'd have put up a plaque or some kind of marker mentioning the trolley history. Thanks all for your contributions.