• PAR Locomotive Fleet - General Discussion

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by NHV 669

5 SD-40s in tow on this morning's M426 over the B&A. At least three are those hideous "SquareBob" rebuilds. 8009/4086/4051/4057/4034.
Last edited by NHV 669 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by johnpbarlow

:-D
I think they’re called “Sponge Bobs” as in Square Pants! LOL!

Q: is CSX having Waterville do anything to all the CSX locomotives that are being towed there? Are these engines just being relocated/stored pending disposition or scrap?

PS: This M426-11 featured 24 CSX gons loaded with ties - perhaps for Rigby yard rehab or NMJ to Mattawamkeag rehab?
  by newpylong

Yes they are throwing Waterville a bone to keep busy with all of the older units being sent north since they said they aren't planning to close the place.
  by Mxtx108

Anyone seen 330 or 321 around? I wonder why 353 is going back in considering it went back in service recently.
  by newpylong

NHV 669 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:30 pm 350, 351, 353 to the deadline.
All the old Conn River line engines.
  by neman2

Switching to this thread from Stony Brook thread
OK so to update this shell game AY-2 picked up some engines at Lowell plus the previous MEC engines I mentioned at NC and now consists of the following MEC engines -----345,3402,7535,502,7635,316,381,313,7895,7528, and 350. At about 20:30 apparent light engines into District 3 land. (This is via radio monitoring.) That is all for today.
At 16:00 hrs more or less these 11 light engines are headed west out of Ayer, train crew sounds like the LA-4 crew.
MEC 7635 is now the leader.
  by F74265A

Is there capability remaining in Deerfield to service, maintain and repair the somewhat junky fleet of hand me down power headed to B&E?
  by newpylong

Always has been. They'll need to go somewhere else still for heavy repairs.
  by F74265A

Thanks
I wasn’t sure how much of a shop was left in Deerfield at this point
  by GuilfordRailSD45

Sorry if this has already been asked & answered - a quick search on my part yielded nothing, but, I've been known to miss things right in front of my face...

Are the locomotives for B&E being sold to G&W by CSX? And as for units which were being leased (e.g., the 3400's, as far as I know), will G&W be the new lessee?
  by oibu

I would expect the heavy work on B&E units will get sent up to St Albans when required