Railroad Forums 

• Yes, There Are Airfans

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#1618585  by Gilbert B Norman

They "shoot" as well:

New York Times

While at my age, I'm no longer any kind of "transportation fan", I acknowledge doing some railviewing (no camera) at Riverside CT last May waiting for the hotel (Hyatt Regency; Old Greenwich) to have a room available, and when I met a member here for Lunch in the Loop before he headed West on Amtrak #5, Zephyr, he asked me if I would take a photo of such passing through my hometown, which of course I did.

So far as airviewing, from KMIA last January, the departure lounge for my flight was at the end of the concourse, and I did watch aircraft bearing however many different flags on takeoff roll. That all came to an end when some guy decided it would be "convenient" to stand in front of the window while he was on his phone!!!