• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by pdtrains

OK...enough of the libel and slander talk.. If u want to PM someone, have at it.

Moving on....

Anyone know....
When the 1st D&RR revenue train will run on the FIT

Next run for SA-31 to red bank and D&RR to Woodhaven ? Tuesday?

Is the BRW GP-9 at OI (last reported) coming down to red bank so the D&RR can run pull-pull on the SOUS and avoid the short run-around mess?

Inquiring minds want to know.
  by Bracdude181

The first FIT revenue run was on Thursday.

The schedule is as follows:

Freehold Industrial:
Monday and Thursday. Symbol is JB-1

Southern Secondary:
Tuesday and Friday. Symbol is RB-1

Sign on time 7 AM. However, this is not indicative of when will run. RB-1 showed up in Red Bank around 10:30 AM yesterday. Also, no EOTD (not required) and no calling out DCS stations like I thought they would. Therefore, location reports will likely be critical for those wishing to see them running.

What they might do is bring 752 into Browns on Sunday night and ferry it to its destination the day after. I hope it’s going to the Southern. The Southern hasn’t had power like that regularly since the CNJ era!

The last time an engine like 752 came down was in 1997 I believe. Conrail 7510. It was a low nose rebuild though.
Last edited by Bracdude181 on Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by ppbhist

I've been watching (or hearing) the Conrail trains coming through Lakewood for the past 18 years while on my job, and I've NEVER heard engine horns sound so long at the grade crossings as I did Friday with the D&RR run to and from Woodhaven!
  by GSC

Loud horn for sure!

I noticed it was blown extra long, especially at Asbury Road, and Megill Road, and through Farmingdale with all the close-together crossings. Making his presence known! No excuse for not knowing the train was in town!
  by AceMacSD

It was our inaugural run after all! We hope that you guys enjoyed the show.
No, we do not need an EOTD for daylight operations. A red flag will be more than enough.
  by Bracdude181

AceMacSD wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:20 pm It was our inaugural run after all! We hope that you guys enjoyed the show.
No, we do not need an EOTD for daylight operations. A red flag will be more than enough.
Daylight? I thought you don’t need one at all for this sort of line? On NJT I understand why but you need one for night ops regardless?
  by nomis

Because ... NORAC ... :wink:
  by Bracdude181

RB-1s empties from Friday are still at Newman Springs Rd in Red Bank.

Conrail running a transfer today or is SA-3 gonna do it early tomorrow before RB-1 gets there?
  by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

RB-1 in Eatontown, 7:56am
  by Bracdude181

Anyone have a picture or car count? I can’t go see them today as I’m preoccupied with moving preparations.

They’ll go back the other way later in the afternoon. Depends on how long it takes them to turn at Cross Street and do Woodhaven. Their method of doing it takes a little longer than how SA31 did it.

Any updates on what BDRV 752 is doing?