• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

They picked up Extechs car and they had 11 for Woodhaven it seems. They might pick up the tank on the way back.
  by JohnFromJersey

Forest3670 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:27 am Farmingdale 9:25am. And loud, Love it
Very loud indeed. First time I've ever been woken up by a train on the Southern.
  by JohnFromJersey

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:50 am RB-1 is at Woodhaven. Should be going back soon.
DRRR seems to be considerably faster (and earlier) than CR with this.
  by Bracdude181

In the sense of getting down to Lakewood and getting back they are faster. Woodhaven and Cross Street takes a bit longer because of the method they use. A method I assume is being used to keep the crossings clear, something Conrail didn’t care much for.

Northbound through Downtown Lakewood at 12:25 PM.
  by JohnFromJersey

I wonder what time RB-1 will be coming Friday. Last Friday it was around noon, today it was 9:30AM. Still pretty early into the takeover, so I'm not sure what the finalized time will be
Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:28 am In the sense of getting down to Lakewood and getting back they are faster. Woodhaven and Cross Street takes a bit longer because of the method they use. A method I assume is being used to keep the crossings clear, something Conrail didn’t care much for.

Northbound through Downtown Lakewood at 12:25 PM.
They also do not have a second engine, yet. I'd imagine that makes things a bit complicated when you're working with a dozen or more car counts; CR would only run a single engine when there was about 8 or less cars.

Does anyone know when 752 is supposed to show up? I'm guessing Friday.
  by Bracdude181

Last I heard it’s still in Oak Island. No clue what they intend to do with it. Maybe it’s a backup incase 2005 or 1888 breaks down?
  by pumpers

Where in DRRR storing their engine on the Southern? At one point there was speculation about "inside the fence" at Woodhaven.
  by CharlieL

Unless there's something going on I am unaware of, it seems they are conducting their operation in a very business-like manner.
  by AceMacSD

CharlieL wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:14 pm Unless there's something going on I am unaware of, it seems they are conducting their operation in a very business-like manner.
That we are.