• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:20 pm Especially since they are scheduled to go down on Fridays!!! Absolute worst time to bring the train down!! Gridlocked traffic and hundreds of people on the tracks!!

Also 2005 is still in browns. There wasn’t a crew there so idk if they are running today.
Unless they do runs late into the night, after sundown, not many people are on the roads in Lakewood then.

SA-31 doesn't really run down here until later into the days on Thursdays anyway, so there's still sometime before anything happens today/tonight.
  by Bracdude181

Their sign on time is 7 AM so they will be in Lakewood when the crisis reaches critical mass:
  by Bracdude181

Yep. With 13 for Woodhaven and a tanker. They might run tomorrow after 7 AM

BDRV 752 is in Oak Island.
  by JohnFromJersey

From a railfan perspective, kind of stinks that trains will be running much earlier in the day, instead of later into the afternoon/evening.

From a business perspective, it's probably cheaper to do so, and works better with the customers. CR delivering later than usual business hours probably caused a lot of issues for customers like Woodhaven and Extech
  by Bracdude181

RB-1 just arrived in Red Bank. Expect them to leave soon.

10:50 am
Leaving Red Bank

12:09 pm
Train went through Farmingdale about five minutes ago

12:18 pm
Maxim Southard Rd. Doing close to track speed

12:15 pm
Approaching Oak Glen rd

12:35 pm
Squankum Rd

4:10 pm
Northbound through Downtown Lakewood

4:28 pm
Northbound at Squankum Rd

4:35 pm
Approaching Oak Glen rd

4:58 pm
Approaching Marl Rd

5:24 pm
Dropping off the Tanker at Bel Ray

6:00 pm
The tanker wasn’t left in its usual spot. For some reason they left it in front of the building and not behind it…
ETA at Hamilton Rd 20 to 40 minutes. If they did indeed sign on at 7 then they don’t have much time to get this train back.

6:17 pm
Hamilton Rd

6:21 pm
Pinebrook RD

6:30 pm
Approaching the Tinton Ave Bridge at close to track speed.

7:08 pm
RB-1 is parked on the side track in Red Bank. The train has been split in 2, and the crossing gates are down at Newman Springs road. Crew is directing traffic….

?¿?¿?¿?
  by GSC

Nice surprise. I was at Collingwood enjoying my required pretzel and heard the train. Got a couple pics, then went to Farmingdale for a few more. Auction at 11:45, if that might be the normal time from now on. Image[/img][/img]
  by pumpers

Looks like more railfans and a tripod near the crossing in that last pic.

Also, I was a little disappointed Conrail snuck out of there so quietly in the end. I know their last run was nothing to celebrate from their point of view, but I still somehow sort of expected a picture of a "last run" poster on the front of an engine...
JS
Last edited by pumpers on Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by Bracdude181

@GSC Nice pictures! We missed the train in Farmingdale by 5 minutes.

@pumpers Yeah, this line usually has a lot of people trackside.

So far the run is going alright but a LOT of close calls in Lakewood. Let’s see how Cross Street goes…
  by Bracdude181

@pumpers They had a banner on the front of the engine for the final run.

Cross Street went okay but they put the tanker in the middle of the train which complicates the Woodhaven drill.

Speaking of the Woodhaven drill, it did not go smoothly.
  by CharlieL

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:06 pm @pumpers They had a banner on the front of the engine for the final run.

Cross Street went okay but they put the tanker in the middle of the train which complicates the Woodhaven drill.

Speaking of the Woodhaven drill, it did not go smoothly.
"They" being Conrail, at Browns, or D&RR at Red Bank (or Lakewood)?
  by GSC

R&DB wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:27 pm Gary,
"required pretzel" ... awesome!
Harry, Fridays are pickle and pretzel day for me. Required purchases at Collingwood since I was a kid.

Pumpers, there was a banner on the front of 4408. It said, "Last Run of Conrail SA31. CNJ, CR, NS, C&D"
  by pumpers

GSC wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:35 pm ...
Pumpers, there was a banner on the front of 4408. It said, "Last Run of Conrail SA31. CNJ, CR, NS, C&D"
Thanks. Is that pic from today, or last week's run to Woodhaven? If from today, I don't get it - they will be running to Red Bank and doing the handoff like today for some time yet. Unless they mean it won't be Conrail job SA-31 doing that run any more.