Railroad Forums 

• Police activity at Rockingham Junction

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1593251  by GTIKING

Several Massachusetts undercover police vehicles are positioned throughout Rockingham Jct. Hiding under the overpass, blocking ROW access, and parked near the interlocking. They've been there two hours. POAY and 686 have passed through as normal. No NH authorities are visibly present.
 #1593253  by highrail

I saw one unmarked cruiser near the underpass around 3 pm, but that was likely the RR police, who is often around the area, and I might add, a very reasonable officer. I did not see anyone else around.
 #1593260  by GTIKING

I tailed the 1st one into the Jct. @ 2:30pm, and watch him set up. Left to chase POAY etc and came back at 4:30pm. A silver cruiser was blocking the ROW access in front of the station. In the haze it appeared two more cars buried in by the interlocking.
 #1593744  by CN9634

There are still RRPD about. They investigate theft, trespassing, incidents, whatever. Probably some theft going on down there they are staking out.
 #1593778  by GTIKING

They were easy going and pleasant to be around. Actually it was fun to have them stop by and visit on the main. They were railfans too LOL.
He'd regularly drive the big suburban down to Rockingham Jct on weekends for some freights.
That ended in 2009. I haven't seen any physical presence of RR police besides the office in Billerica since this recent Rockingham thing.

I'm not sure what they're stealing out of Rockingham if it is that. The only thing I can think of are items in relay cases.
But who would steal in broad daylight there? things DO go unnoticed there. Excuse me sarg, mind if you give me a hand loading this type 17 switch stand into my trunk :-D
 #1593790  by NHN503

GTIKING wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:20 am ...
But who would steal in broad daylight there? things DO go unnoticed there. Excuse me sarg, mind if you give me a hand loading this type 17 switch stand into my trunk :-D
NPD has long since changed since he left.
 #1593810  by arthur d.

Two things come to mind regarding police activity there; 1) cars going to or from Portsmouth HAVE been extensively redecorated there by graffiti vandals. 2) given its the east end of a controlled siding, like another place I won't mention, its a place new age hobo's can catch a ride as a freight eases into or out of the hole. They can leave a car there and a casual observer would think it's someone hiking the rail trail.
 #1594112  by MEC407

Moderator Note:

Please don't name names when discussing the activities of railroad workers. That includes railroad police officers. None of us would want our personal info and at-work / after-work habits described on a public message board. Railroad workers don't want that either.

Thank you for understanding. πŸ™‚
 #1594307  by CPF66

B&MPD is down to 5 people in the department if memory serves, which is why most cases are normally handled by local departments with some assistance from the railroad. Which would explain how one of the foamers around Ayer has managed to swipe multiple horns and number boards off various locomotives in the past 2-4 years without being caught.
 #1594316  by arthur d.

CPF66 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:52 pm Which would explain how one of the foamers around Ayer has managed to swipe multiple horns and number boards off various locomotives in the past 2-4 years without being caught.
Now that you mention it, there's one of those types very local to Rockingham.
If you know who's doing it in Ayer, drop a dime on him/her/it. Man, I cannot tolerate these scum.
 #1594447  by NHN503

MEC407 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:49 am Moderator Note:

...That includes railroad police officers...
That information however was Laurie Disclosure. Its public record, and published by the NH AG's office.
newpylong wrote: ↑Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:43 am The force level has not really changed in the past 20 some years, 5 is about that number.
Yeah, after the COPS grants ran out that's when the cut down to 4-5 happened. I believe it was ~January 2004. I had gone to the academy with one of the B&M guys who ended up going into municipal after the cuts.