• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by b&m 1566

The dome section for sure.
I wonder if we will see this car in service next year or if they will instead spend a year or two remoding the inside to meet their desire/needs. I'm also curious what they will name this car.
  by gokeefe

Hard to believe it will take more than a couple of months to get a currently Amtrak certified car running on CSRX. Mechanical is not going to be the issue.
  by b&m 1566

I just realized the whole car is for dining including the dome seating. I thought only a portion of the car was for dinning. Now I'm really intrigued by this addition.
  by Backshophoss

Figure on the local health Dept to inspect the kitchen and require some changes to be done.
  by b&m 1566

None of the first class cars on the notch train have windows that open, only in coach seating the windows open. On the valley train all windows can open in first class and coach.
  by b&m 1566

So, with the 16+ inches of snow dumbed in the mountains yesterday, will we be seeing another plow extra to Hazen's to keep the line open for the dome car delivery?
  by b&m 1566

They're running 4266 solo to Hazen's?
  by b&m 1566

How can we see the pictures?
  by NHV 669

They're on a private Instagram page, all taken in the area of the Notch itself. Happen to work with his father, how I got heads ups on both of these plow jobs.
  by johnpbarlow

And speaking of dome car Silver Splendor, do we know its location as of Thursday 11/29/18? Someplace on Pan Am perhaps?