Railroad Forums 

• CSX and Norfolk Southern employment

• For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.
For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1317923  by RailfanSabs28

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I'm about to. I currently am 7 months removed from the military as a Crew Chief on Blackhawk helicopters. Right now I'm enrolled in college and I'm slowly figuring out that college life is not for me. I do plan on continuing my education but as a contingency. Anyways, I'm from Buffalo,NY and just applied with Norfolk Southern in Buffalo. I want to apply with CSX but the nearest conductors position is out of Syracuse which is about 2 hours away. Anything anyone can tell me about both these railways would be greatly appreciated. I know about the long hours and bad schedule yet it is nothing I'm not used to. I used to get a call at dinner and then next thing I knew I was on a helicopter to Colorado Springs. If given the NS conductor spot would you recommend taking it or waiting for something to open up with CSX. Any input again,( from a reliable source) would be appreciated. Thank you all and I'm glad to be a part of this forum.
-Corey