• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by AlKaLI

Caught a glimpse of a CSXT train SB to Fresh Pond at 7:00 AM this morning. Train was crossing over the LIRR main. Didn't see the head end but a long cut of 20-25 empty C & D gons heading south.

On another note, LIRR has been doing a lot of trackwork recently including dumping new ballast on the main tracks. Has to mean LIRR hopper cars on P&W trains soon?
  by fl9m2004

Wonder if fpch will run this weekend along with chfp
  by Uncle Cheapo

CHFP is running tonite, FPCH will leave Pond around noon tomorrow.
  by fl9m2004

So if leaves Fresh Pond Junction by noon
When do u think it will get to Stamford Ct
And same with southbound
  by fl9m2004

Saw it pass through Westport
5 engines all running with around 55-60 cars
Mostly hoppers 2 flat cars
  by DogBert

There was a cut of lirr cars in that last P&W outbound.

CSX just went towards fresh pond with one of those monday extras. around 20 cars, though half were general freight (usually it's just empty MSW). 2 SD-40s up front.

Earlier this morning I spotted the oak point bound train, a little short but with 4 locomotives up front - 2 SD60Ms, something up front and a gp-38-2 in the middle. I can only guess the fresh pond bound train was pretty long for them to have 4 locos...
  by fl9m2004

Yes I noticed the LIRR symbol on some cars
Others where gatx about 7 of those
Engines where all Providence and Worcester colors
Thought I would have seen one of those 90 numbered engines
Hopefully this week
  by gregorygrice

B750 should be almost, if not already at Oak Point now with about 25 boxcars from Croton West Yard. 2 Geeps for power as always.
  by csx8851

DogBert wrote:There was a cut of lirr cars in that last P&W outbound.

CSX just went towards fresh pond with one of those monday extras. around 20 cars, though half were general freight (usually it's just empty MSW). 2 SD-40s up front.
I saw that extra from school too. Got a nice birdeyes view of the train crossing hells gate from the 5th floor.
  by AlKaLI

[quote="DogBert"]There was a cut of lirr cars in that last P&W outbound.

Dogbert,
Thaks for the reply. Just wanted to give a heads up that LIRR ballast hoppers should start appearing on the P&W trains.

As for today, CSXT SD60M/SD40-2 8764/8844 holding right above the LIRR mainline at 7:00 AM to go north. First few cars out were loaded C&D gons.
  by csx8851

Why do trains stop right before that LIRR mainline? I know there isn't a signal or anything? How and why does the crew always stop exactly there?
  by Uncle Cheapo

Maybe they are a bunch of formers, eye fondling the Long Island RR ?
  by ccutler

A set of four brand-new trash containers were sitting on a railcar next to Jetro today. Here is a photo...are they there to start replacing the green/orange ones? Or are they just a local delivery for a competing trash shipping service?
  by DogBert

Pretty sure that's the new customer that is going to be loading cars next to jetro. I believe it's C&D being loaded. No idea how many cars per day/week.

Another extra trash train to the island this morning around 10, the power is going back light to oak point as I type this.

Unless I was having some strange dream last night, I'm pretty sure P&W came in around 2am last night. If so they haven't left yet. Maybe this evening?
  by freightguy

Can barely make out but it looks like EPIC waste vs WMX cars. I believe they've loaded in New Jersey and were the ones that had the "sludge contract" on the New York Cross Harbor. Those containers are more geared for municipal solid waste( MSW) verse heavy C&D in the wood chip style hoppers without the lids to seal out odors.