• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by DogBert

CSX hi railer with 5 or 6 CR slide dump cars backing down towards Fremont.
  by DogBert

Make that 6 cars - hauling ass back to the Bronx just now. Sounded like they were emptied.
  by csx8851

Whats with all these hi-rail truck movements recently? CSX should really at least give the MOW crew an SD40-2 or something, another possibilty is to just hop off cause thats PW's job lol. Just my 2 cents.
  by DogBert

Last time I know of that they ran a full 'work train' they used a gp38-2 & genset - probably the only time a genset has been used bronx->fresh pond.

All the trackwork is CSX's problem. Speaking of P&W though - they ran a round trip friday/saturday. The CT bound train left around noon saturday. Didn't get to see what was hauling it but it sounded like GEs - maybe 40 empty cars tops.
  by ccutler

The work truck appears to have specialized pressurizing or hydraulic equipment to power the equipment on the side-dump cars. Hey I'm no expert on it but it appeared to me that it took some time and noise to power up each dump.
  by gregorygrice

CSX L431 just completed it's switching and was trying to depart Croton North Yard to Oak Point with 86 cars, but was denied by Metro North Dispatch. They won't allow the 86 cars BUT will allow them to run lite with 4 engines (SD60M, SD40-2, SD60M, SD40-2). They are departing on signal indication now leaving their 86 loads. Interesting...
  by cr1991

CSX Is extending their 2 main lines roughly 40 cars East of where they end now. The new crossover was put together by CSX crews and will be installed in the very near future.
  by DogBert

Very weird. 86 cars doesn't sound like anything outside of the norm.

On this end, the slide dumpers went back to fresh pond this morning, and some ditch digger high railer just went back to oak point.
  by DogBert

CSX heading towards fresh pond with roughly 40 cars & sd-40-2/2d60m up front. Mostly mixed freight, maybe 10-15 C&Ds & no empty MSWs. Only weird thing about it is the time... I'd imagine a train went to Croton North at some point today to bring these down.
  by DogBert

Work equipment heading south towards Fresh Pond again. The slide dump train looked loaded with what looked like a tree branch or two sticking out.

There's a thread on the NY&A board of how one of their locos went north on this morning's run to oak point. They've been heading back to OP pretty early so I missed that one...
  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:Work equipment heading south towards Fresh Pond again. The slide dump train looked loaded with what looked like a tree branch or two sticking out.

There's a thread on the NY&A board of how one of their locos went north on this morning's run to oak point. They've been heading back to OP pretty early so I missed that one...
I hear it's going to Selkirk. I'll be looking out for it.
  by gregorygrice

So far not on Q704. Entering MNR territory with only 2 units (SD40-2s)
  by fl9m2004

Wonder if FPCH will make a run this weekend
  by AlKaLI

Thanks for the video!