Railroad Forums 

• Best places to catch trains near Harrisburg/Dunncanon

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1128728  by Missyg24

Im looking for info on great spots to get trains near Harrisburg/Dunncannon. Also directions best way to get to the locations. I never train watched this area before besides a quick stop at Rockville, Pa on the way to Strasburg.

Thanks
 #1128788  by cr9615

The bridge at the interlocking at CANNON, Cove, the field at Marysville, the station on the other side, the boat launch on the NW side of the bridge (only in the late PM), the SW side of the bridge, and the "Iron Bridge" on the north end of Enola.
 #1129512  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Where can we shoot the Rockville side? I was there last year but could not find a place to park. NO PARKING signs all over the place. Cove is cool as it has the curve and signal bridge and you can pull off 15 into a dirt lot and shoot. I'm also looking into Duncannon. How do you reach the Marysville side of the river? I looked for a street to take me under 15 but couldn't find it. Would Enola,Marysville, Rockville, etc. be on a Harrisburg street map?
 #1133495  by CNJ Fan 4evr

I had a good day last Weds. even though it clouded up. Gray skies don't really affect video like stills. Watched the hump at north end of Enola and headed to Marysville. I wasn't at the boat launch 5 mins. when an east bound freight came onto the bridge. Not 5 mins. after he cleared another estbound freight came out of Enola and onto the bridge. West bound TV train about 10 mins. later. After having my battery act up I missed getting the head end power of an east bound double stack coming onto the bridge from the main. He waited as a west bound TV/mailer passed. Five trains in 45 mins. Not bad for my first visit. Went to Duncannon but NS work trucks were by the bridge so I went to the station. It's a cable TV place now. Started to rain so I left.