• Southern Tier - East of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by northjerseybuff

lol, what does the attractiveness of a place have to do with anything? Is North Bergen on CSX any better?
I will buy us some wings at the Erie Hotel, since they are bangin!

Like SJ pointed out above, they are bad at implementing service, but come on 2 years now we've been hearing about trains and they aren't any closer today. Where is the union notification? crews being trained? 2013 is 3 weeks away and nothing is going to change for the east end. Like U2 says "nothing changes on New Years Day"
  by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:lol, Like U2 says "nothing changes on New Years Day"
Yup, that's one of their better songs!! They had some good stuff pre 1988! The newer U2 stuff is not to my liking, IMHO.
  by ricebrianrice

A NS salesman stopped into my place of work yesterday in Binghamton, trying to drum up business. The manufacturing we do is not conducive to rail deliver, but was nice to see them out looking for business.

He also mentioned that they are adding rail lines, and will put sidings into any business that needs it.

He used Wal-Mart as an example of them getting deliveries of intermodal containers, and the Wal-mart employees uploading them.

Also gave out a real nice 2013 calender that has pictures of all the heritage units.
  by K4Pacific

Seriously on putting in a siding for anyone that needs it? I'm on the phone this afternoon. They told me it would be $700,000 for a number 6 left hand switch that cuts into their main and 25 feet of track. The rest is up to me. I'm calling my rep.
  by ricebrianrice

He did not say they will pay for the siding, just they can put one in!
  by railbird steve

its nice there trying to drum up buisness- i worked at dresser rand in painted post when conrail was running, conrail screwed up an oversise high @ wide tcv-10 (12 cyl ) compresser in 94 painted post to nj docks---sat at gang mills for a month to be moved, we hired miller transport an ate the x-tra taxes @ toll fees sos we knew it (compressers ) would get to our customers WITHIN a time frame! a memo came down from higher ups at the rand said no more shipping by rail n.s. is gonna realy have to do a good job to get the rand back (if ever) as a customer
  by northjerseybuff

oibu wrote:Well, we're at least beyond the idle speculation and rumors or the "they will do it, -someday-" stage and into the "will it be this month, next month, Jan 1?" stage. Things are happening, just a matter of getting all ducks lined up, i's dotted and t's crossed, and pulling the trigger.
Nope...not true as we can see by nothing happening since this was posted
  by northjerseybuff

SecaucusJunction wrote:To clear my name here...

FYI... NS rarely if ever uses the National Docks right now. They have no need to. But any trains coming off the Tier to either Oak Island or E-Port would likely take that route. Yes the run was probably nothing, but it gets you thinking.

I believe crew training was to start this week... but I'm sure the whole process will be under the radar.

Hows that crew training going? lol
  by oibu

northjerseybuff, "somebody" has still spent a lot of money for "something". NS personnel have still been on the property for "some" reason. My statement still stands.
  by northjerseybuff

I hope you are correct OIBU. We all want trains on the east end. However when we have no concrete evidence and we use vague terms like "someone" it just adds fuel to the fire. This thread has been going for 2+ years with this type of vague statements and nothing has changed. I keep hoping one of these rumors comes true. We are 14 days away from 1/1/13 and nothing indicates crews are training or any trains are coming in the immediate future. All the timelines and dates have come to pass..
  by SecaucusJunction

northjerseybuff wrote: I will check back on here when a NYSW detour move happens or when the circus trains comes through

How's that working out for ya?
  by K4Pacific

Keep holding my feet to the fire...I'm honoring all beer transactions. LOL. When we have our meeting on the 20th, I'll have an update for you. Merry Christmas.
  by dtravisjr

I noticed the NYSW took some cars down to Susquehanna for storage over the weekend. A whole string of those "dirty dirt" FURX gons with the covers on them are sitting at the east end of the SR/Lanesboro siding. Perhaps they're being stored for the winter. Guess they dont need that siding for meets just yet ;-)
  by northjerseybuff

SecaucusJunction wrote:
northjerseybuff wrote: I will check back on here when a NYSW detour move happens or when the circus trains comes through

How's that working out for ya?
haha..good point! I can't stay away though! This thread is the gift that keeps giving!
  by mainetrain

This thread reminds me of.....

Linus: Hey, aren't you going to wait and greet the Great Pumpkin? Huh? It won't be long now. If the Great Pumpkin comes, I'll still put in a good word for you!

Linus: Good grief! I said "if"! I meant, "when" he comes!

Linus: I'm doomed. One little slip like that could cause the Great Pumpkin to pass you by.

Linus: Oh, Great Pumpkin, where are you?