Railroad Forums 

• Photos

• For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.
For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1045941  by railroadlover

I am looking for photos of the railroad that use to run at the bottom of what is known as "The Pennsylvania Grand Canyon" Anything, including information would be wonderful.

As A kid i remember going there and seeing the railroad from Leonard Harrison State Park as tiny as a model-then we skipped on year-went up the next and it was gone:(
 #1046278  by toolmaker

The area you're looking for in west of Wellsboro, PA. It's my understanding the former rail bed is now a bike path. Strange timing because only a couple of days ago I was in the rails to trails forum searching to find out the same thing. I thought it was a NYC line but don't know for sure now.
 #1047078  by railroadlover

That is the exact one i am looking for. I know its a bike/walking path that is part of the Rails to Trails system. I am looking for pictures of it, and also would like information on it, as far as, when it was torn up and why, where the trains that use to travel on it travel now, who owned it, from first owner to last owner etc...
 #1054296  by railroadlover

Thanks for the info...Anything else Anyone has would be amazing! My vacations were always up in that area and Loved seeing the railroad down there (even though i sadly never saw anything run on it)