Railroad Forums 

• Rail Traffic Controller

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1040200  by dreal69

Does anyone have any information on this position. If they've started the interviewing process, if yes how far along are they, etc.....
Any information would be helpful.
Are they're alot of positions coming availabile?
What is the background on this position?
How detail oriented is the position?

thank you in advance
 #1040338  by trainman82

their actually called train dispatchers, not traffic controllers. You didn't give enough information like what railroad, what state/region your looking at, ect. for us to give you a more detailed explanation. I am a conductor for CSX and from what I've heard, yes, it is a very focused and detail oriented job. any mistake you make on that computer can lead to the death of many. So a lot of pressure one could assume.
 #1041395  by ryanw

I have seen recent postings for Norfolk Southern and UP for train dispatchers. Yes, there will positions becoming available...it takes a long time to train a dispatcher. I'm not sure what you mean on the background of the position. The job is very detail oriented. One letter or number wrong can kill many people.
 #1041633  by dreal69

ok I apologize for not being detailed enough. The position I'm asking about is the MNRR. I do have plenty of dispatching experience, though not with a rail system.
MNRR posted for the position so I applied for it. The posting did not say for RR employees only though, does that make a diffrence?
Why post to take from the outside if your not?
Also I did want to know from someone who's familiar with the position any and all information about the position.
Is there anyway to get into a potion like that from the outside?

Thank You in advance.
 #1045419  by RearOfSignal

kevin.brackney wrote:They might also be referring to a finance position. I have seen the words COMPTROLLER and CONTROLLER used synonomously.
Rail Traffic Comptroller? I think not!