• Porter Square escalator killed someone on 2/21/05

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by efin98

agreeing with the post below since it's more elloquant...
Last edited by efin98 on Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Pete

SnoozerZ49 wrote:You may be correct but by viewing the sum of posts on this thread, those feelings sure aren't there, just a lot of crap about lawsuits etc...
This isn't the requiem board. It's a terrible tragedy, but what are we supposed to do, sign each post with, "and my condolences to the family"? Empty gestures aren't going to either make them feel better nor add much to the discussion relevant to this board.

I appreciate your sentiments, but please don't feel entitled to take us to task for actually talking about how this relates to the MBTA.

by Ron Newman

Not to mention, a few years ago, the top of the Davis Square up escalator, at the Holland Street headhouse, tore off the front of my boot. Fortunately it was a heavy boot and I didn't lose part of my toes too!
Last edited by Ron Newman on Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Robert Paniagua

And it seems that we have another escalator accident this time at the next stop down, Harvard. Luckily the woman wasn't killed, she had her pants caught on the escalator, but she survived. This was at 1:10 AM early this morning (overnight).
  by mb41

When I ride the old fishbowls at seashore 6069 & 6169 there are signs in the ad racks about safety and how to ride escalators on the MBTA. If the T took better care of these things and posted these signs they probally cover them selves better from law suits.

by Pete

I'd prefer they covered themselves from lawsuits by maintaining the escalators.