Railroad Forums 

• Port Reading Yard Operations and Vicinity

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1620712  by AceMacSD

I never had an issue with it nor have any of the guys I work with. What have you heard about it? You must be an anti-NS buff. I bet you'd like it if it were working for RC. Afterall, their junk that crews actually dislike using is super high quality in your eyes.
 #1621258  by Bracdude181

What usually goes to Buckeye and Motiva outside of NS 6K4 and 6E4? To my knowledge those are the only unit trains that still come in that way (Most of the time at least) since CSX now runs all the other trains.

The NJTPA page on this also mentions other areas north of RON might get upgraded later on depending on what they do with the southbound E-rail connector they also got a grant for, but no specific mentions of what said upgrades will be…
 #1621423  by AceMacSD

Good thing Buckeye didn't get that switch engine they were hoping for. I think the most cars I've seen there was about 20. Generally they've anywhere from 1 - 10 cars. Nowhere near the volume that Motiva gets.
 #1621428  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:54 am Hmm… Maybe with the new wye leg, the two NS trains will go there, leave Motivas train on the new siding extension instead of East/West Siding?
The siding will help expedite time between pulling the empty train out and placing the loaded train in. Two trains a day will be easier now. The wye, less of importance, will allow spinning entire trains in stead of running power around NS empty trains and CSX loaded trains.