• Port Authority Trans Hudson (PATH) employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by trentals21

Update

At 5:06pm I was contacted by the Port Authority with a contigent offer of employment based on my medical exam on 11/29 for a Temp Trackmen postion. If I pass training will begin Dec 17th.

I dont know what to do, I passed a test and interview for National Grid and training will start in Dec if it wasnt cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. National Grid is permanent with benefits and Union membership and you can grow within.

The Port Authority is 20.25 an Hr, Temporary, No Benefits, Union,but you can apply for permanent positions once your in. They also took a Year for this process

I dont know what to do?
  by ednyc7

Hey guys,

Anyone knows if you pass the background do you still have to do the whole process over after a year?
  by derr

hey everyone. well I finally have my interview for the job that will never come scheduled for february. Question I saw noone ask...did you guys dress up for the interview???
  by ednyc7

derr wrote:hey everyone. well I finally have my interview for the job that will never come scheduled for february. Question I saw noone ask...did you guys dress up for the interview???

Yes business attire. Suit and tie.
  by trentals21

derr wrote:hey everyone. well I finally have my interview for the job that will never come scheduled for february. Question I saw noone ask...did you guys dress up for the interview???
What position?
  by derr

trentals21 wrote:
What position?
The passenger information agent
  by wjw002

So I noticed the PA posted PIA listing on it's website, kinda confused about this as I have passed background all tests and interviews.
  by keithsy

I graduated HS 38 years ago. PATH only hired relatives (blood or married). I could not even get an application. I went to WTC where they had an office. It was very stratified. All had to start as cleaners. If you were black, you would stay a cleaner. Promotion was limited. Everyone was related to each other, the secretary was a granddaughter of an engineer. My, how times and things have changed.
  by keithsy

trentals21 wrote:I took the test 3 times, failed it the first because of the math part.. then I passed the test the 2nd time and went for an interview at the harrison car maintenance facility, and I failed the oral test. Then the last time I took the test was in November passed, got scheduled for an interview 4/12 and got my letter 5/9 that I passed the oral interview and evaluation process. so 3 tests, 2 interviews. and pobably a total of 3 years.
PATH was selective years ago before the federal gov't. forced them open. Well, it is more selective now because they want WHOM THEY judge to be the best.
  by keithsy

\
Last edited by keithsy on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by Steamboat Willie

keithsy wrote:I have an axe to grind with PATH and all the railroads in general for their hiring practices, then and now. There is truly no equal opportunity. Prospects are literally "weeded out" as if they are in farm patch. That is wrong.
To anyone who reads any of this junk from this member please steer clear. He has an axe to grind with everything and was trolling with his anti-labor banter in another forum.
  by keithsy

Steamboat Willie wrote:
keithsy wrote:I have an axe to grind with PATH and all the railroads in general for their hiring practices, then and now. There is truly no equal opportunity. Prospects are literally "weeded out" as if they are in farm patch. That is wrong.
To anyone who reads any of this junk from this member please steer clear. He has an axe to grind with everything and was trolling with his anti-labor banter in another forum.

I am not anti-union. I have been in the labor movement since my teen years. People should not jump through hoops for a job. I also do not like nepotism, which these roads practiced and still do.
  by ednyc7

ksobs84 wrote:got an interview next week for general maintainer position. does anyone work there? how is the company and how is the place to work for overall?

One of the best jobs you could ever possible get. Good luck with the interview.