• Polar Express HO Scale set

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by NJTRailfan

Now that an HO Scale train set of the Harry Potter Train came out not long ago, Can I count on seeing Walthers, Athearn/Horizon or even Kato or maybe even Life Like in their Proto series doing an HO Scale of the Polar Express? If so I'm hoping it'll include atleast 5 maybe 6 cars along with the engine and the figues of the characters in the movie that would run on a good sized oval track (4ftx8ft)

Lionel came out with a set thats 3 cars along with the engine and figures. not bad, but the train looks alot like a toy rather then realistic and it's dissappointing that it only comes with 3 cars when in the movie previews the train is atleast 5 or 6 cars long.

I have a feeling it would do a killing just like the Harry Potter set did around x-mas time. Now this Polar Express set would definantly look good around the X-mas tree esp with it being 5 or 6 cars long with figures.

by NJTRailfan

Does anyone know of anything? Maybe once the movie comes out on the 10th of this month I'm hoping around the 1st or 2nd week of next month a trainset will come out of the Polar express. I'm surprised one is not already out. Lionel is already ahead of the game.