Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Frank

What are the platform lengths of the PATH stations? I know that Exchange Place can handle 10 car trains but I don't know the exact length of the station. Are there any other PATH stations besides Exchange Place that can handle 10 car trains?

by orangeline

Newark Penn Station and Journal Square can.

by Frank

orangeline wrote:Newark Penn Station and Journal Square can.
Is it possible to extend all platforms at PATH stations so they can handle 10 car trains?

by ascotell

No, not with out really expensive construction. We talked about this at the committee I sit on. They are looking to do it on the WTC line. To 33rd adn hob they cannot.

by orangeline

I think that Harrison might be able to handle ten-car trains, but can Grove Street? If it can, and the WTC station also can, can then ten-car trains on the Newark-WTC line can become a reality at any time? Before moving to Chicagoland in the early 90s, I rode PATH very often. Back then, seven or eight cars were the norm and many times they were packed solid. A ten-car train would have been wonderful!