• PHOTOS --- Pattison Lower Level IN SERVICE!!!!!

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by jfrey40535

That's a first. How many expresses did they have for the Eagles? What kind of headways did they give them?

by Terrapin Station

jfrey40535 wrote:That's a first. How many expresses did they have for the Eagles? What kind of headways did they give them?
Southbound, before the game, there were expresses like every 10 minutes from Fern Rock down to Pattison between 1:30pm and 3:40pm. We caught the last southbound Eagles Express.

I didn't stay for the game so I don't know how they did coming back north. But when we took the first local train out of the lower level, before the game had started, there were already FOUR other local trains stacked up downstairs, and I don't know how many express trains stacked up upstairs.

But let me tell you, after hearing about the fabled LL of Pattison for so many years, being able to go down there and see it in service was like a dream come true.

Here is a link to all of my photos from today (there are 5 pages):

http://www.railfanwindow.com/gallery/album155?page=1

by Lucius Kwok

Nice photos. It's remarkably clean -- no globs of gum on the platform, plastic soda bottles, or Tastykake wrappers anywhere.

by Terrapin Station

Lucius Kwok wrote:Nice photos. It's remarkably clean -- no globs of gum on the platform, plastic soda bottles, or Tastykake wrappers anywhere.
Thanks! I think it was cleaned extensively. The platforms edges are brand new too.

by wagz

Actually they used the lower level platforms for most of the games last season too, so its nothing really new.

by Terrapin Station

wagz wrote:Actually they used the lower level platforms for most of the games last season too, so its nothing really new.
Yeah, well no one told me or anyone else on SubTalk that information. I was at the station in August 2003 before they reopened it. Then I was there again in December 2003 after it apparently had been reopened. Of course the gates to the lower level were locked as it was not a game day, but I think I recall the lights being on down there, where as they were not back in August 2003. Anyhow, it was all very exciting for me, as it was a surprise.

by Jayayess1190

I love the BSL!

by One of One-Sixty

Hows long as the LL been there?

by tinmad dog

The lower level has been there since the station was built. The station was built specifically for the sports complex, so extra tracks were needed to handle the crush of fans leaving Eagles and (optimistically) Phillies games.

by One of One-Sixty

It's funny you live in the city for 20+ yrs and a avid train fan, but never know about some stuff.

Could because I rarely travel on the BSL past Lombard, or because until now never knew other ppl who had the same interest.

But anyways you learn something everyday, and thats the beauty of it.