• Photos of the Kicking Horse Pass layout

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by jdl56

There are a lot of great layouts in Canada, but one of the best, in my opinion, is the Kicking Horse Pass layout of Calgary. What makes this 24 by 42 foot representation of the CPR's world-famous Spiral Tunnels all the more amazing is the the layout is portable.

I was fortunate enough to bring it to Winnipeg in 2005 for Golden Rails, the 50th anniversary of the Winnipeg Model Railroad Club; I have posted some photos and information about this remarkable layout on my blog at http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.com/

John Longhurst, Winnipeg