• Photo on screen in Secaucus

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by ryanov

Hi all -- hoping someone here has noticed what I'm talking about. Awhile back, NJT removed one of the flip signs and replaced it with a color LED display. Often it is displaying just the NJTransit logo, but sometimes it has a PSA or something on it. Today it was flipping back and forth between the NJT logo and a photo of a train of ML cars on a fairly high multi-track viaduct. It looks nothing like I've ever seen on NJT anyplace. Anyone know what this is a photo of?
  by Matt Johnson

Based on your description, I'd say it's a photo of a string of ML cars on a multi-track viaduct.
  by ThirdRail7

Matt Johnson wrote:Based on your description, I'd say it's a photo of a string of ML cars on a multi-track viaduct.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen. He's here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitstaff!
  by uzplayer

I actually laughed out loud upon reading this thread. Thank you. I approve this message.
  by DutchRailnut

could it be a ML train on Amtrak's hellgate bridge or its approaches ?
  by vfrex

That was my first thought, Dutch.
  by R36 Combine Coach

I suspected the Hell Gate viaduct all along. Well, the other viaducts on NJT are all arched spans: Raritan River (Highland Park) and Trenton-Morrisville and the Cutoff (future).

If it was multitrack, can't be Moodna.
  by ryanov

I think you folks have nailed it:

Probably nowhere else it could be (though I think the one on the screen may have been taken from the other side as there was much more green visible).