• Parvia minitature towns

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

Has anyone heard about these?

http://www.parvia.com/

Apparently they are N scale and feature customizable buildings... anyone have any experience with them?

-otto-
  by jmp883

I haven't heard of them before but it is an interesting concept. The structures and other details obviously need further detailing if you'd want to use them on your existing layout.

One way to use this system might be to combine it with a simple trackplan. A layout like this could be for a younger child who wants more than just a train set running around on a table but isn't ready for handling real model railroad supplies. It could also be used as a display layout to showcase model railroading though I'd much rather use real model railroading supplies on that kind of a layout.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of this product.
  by umtrr-author

It looks like an interesting idea. Depending on the price points it could be useful for entry level modeling or even for "raw material" for more advanced projects.

I did see references to "beta" and things not being ready yet, so I think this is more of a "stand by" situation until more information becomes available.