• Parking at Quincy Adams station

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Frederick Rabin

Is overnight parking permitted? If so, for how many days?

by mb41

I don't think there is any overnight parking at any MBTA station lots rapid or commuter, but don't hold me to that comment. Does anyone know for sure?

by octr202

There may be some at commuter rail, as not all CR lots are MBTA owned/operated. Don't believe it to be too common, though I have heard rumors to the effect that there is overnight parking allowed at Alewife.

by StevieC48

The only place I can think of is RTE 128 Sta would have O/N parking since they have inter city trains

by fm535

When I lived in Woburn and would take the train to NYC, I used to park in Alewife all the time for the weekend. You couldn't beat the price at the time. But the lot does close, and you do not have 24 hour access to the vehicles.

by paulrail

I have noticed that there have been a few cars parked overnight on several occasions at the Kingson commuter rail station on the Old Colony Line. The lot was built in front of the engine layover facility and holds about 1,000 cars. It's located in basically an old sand pit owned by a local contractor and is really kind of in an "out-of-the-way" location.

The large Independence Mall in Kingston is about a mile or so away. I don't think I'd want to leave my car overnight there, despite the occasional patrols by the Kingston police. They have had several incidents of vandalism at the station over the years since the trains returned in 1997.