• PAR Biddeford freight customer questions

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by roberttosh

Just as a matter of curiousity, was wondering whether

(A) Nissan/Wonderbread or whatever they call themselves these days is receiving Flour by rail again, and.....

(B) What kind of rail business is Correct Deck doing right down the street from them? Are they receiving Plastics Pellets by rail yet and are they shipping much finished product out by Cenrtebeam?

Thanks!

by MEC407

I drive by that area quite frequently, but I haven't seen any signs of activity at Interstate Bakery (A.K.A. "Nissen's") over the winter. It looks like they've got at least one tanker at their end-of-track next to the plant -- probably corn syrup -- but I haven't seen anything else, such as the covered hoppers of flour that they used to get quite often a few years ago.

While going over the bridge over the railroad, it looks like there are a few covered hoppers on Correct Deck's siding. Plastic pellets is probably a good guess. Haven't seen anything else in that area.

by GRSGuy

Nissens only gets corn syrup currently.

Correct Deck seems do be getting a decent number of cars of pellets; I believe 6 at a time, and their track always has cars on it when I rumble by. I don't believe they are shipping any product out yet.

by newpylong

FYI, The railroad is once again serving the "wonderbread" place, I assume this means flour again.

by roberttosh

Am pretty sure they've been getting rail service all along, it's just that they had stopped getting any Flour by rail, which was several cars per week. For the past few years it's only been occasional tankcars of Corn Syrup or Oil. Have you seen Covered Hopper cars there recently? Thanks!