• Pan Am / Guilford Bashing

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by NJTRailfan

This outfit is nothing but a disgrace to the men and women who worked for this famous airline that gave the aviation world what it takes for granted. The contributions made to the 707, 747, good ATC, inflight service various foreign airlines that the airline helped start and international airports that were built with the help of Pan Am THE AIRLINE!!!! All this under Juan T Trippe's Chosen Instrument and these thugs are dragging this airline's name further into the hell it's in. I thought the past two CEOs were horrible like Ed Acker who was responsible for the National Airlines/Pan Am Merger and Tom Plaskett who under him Pan Am 103 was blown out of the sky because of management getting cheap with security.

This airline was the closest thing to America having a Flag Carrier like what British Airways and Virgin are to England. Now look at what this pitiful group is doing. They can't even keep those PA 727-200s in one city long enough. I've lost count on how many cities they've added and then taken away on short notice. This was a TRUE world airline that was loved by many around the globe now reduced to such an injustice. For the love of God just sell the name and logo rights to the Pan Am Museum in Miami, Florida so it can rest and not be tarnished further by this Valujet of trains. The volunteers at the Pan Am Store/Museum and flight academy will take better care of what's left that Guiliford ever will.

by NRGeep

NJTRailfan wrote:This outfit is nothing but a disgrace to the men and women who worked for this famous airline that gave the aviation world what it takes for granted. The contributions made to the 707, 747, good ATC, inflight service various foreign airlines that the airline helped start and international airports that were built with the help of Pan Am THE AIRLINE!!!! All this under Juan T Trippe's Chosen Instrument and these thugs are dragging this airline's name further into the hell it's in. I thought the past two CEOs were horrible like Ed Acker who was responsible for the National Airlines/Pan Am Merger and Tom Plaskett who under him Pan Am 103 was blown out of the sky because of management getting cheap with security.

This airline was the closest thing to America having a Flag Carrier like what British Airways and Virgin are to England. Now look at what this pitiful group is doing. They can't even keep those PA 727-200s in one city long enough. I've lost count on how many cities they've added and then taken away on short notice. This was a TRUE world airline that was loved by many around the globe now reduced to such an injustice. For the love of God just sell the name and logo rights to the Pan Am Museum in Miami, Florida so it can rest and not be tarnished further by this Valujet of trains. The volunteers at the Pan Am Store/Museum and flight academy will take better care of what's left that Guiliford ever will.
Not only have they desecrated the good name of Pan Am but they have dragged through the mud the good names of the Boston & Maine and Maine Central. They will always be Guilford to me. :( :( :(

by SLR 393

NJTRailfan wrote: For the love of God just sell the name and logo rights to the Pan Am Museum in Miami, Florida so it can rest and not be tarnished further by this Valujet of trains.
Valujet of trains....now that is funny....and true.... :-D :-D :-D

by NJTRailfan

What really gets to me is that this disgraceful outfit tried to buy the name and logo rights to Eastern Airlines but the holding company that had it was asking for too much cash. Jetblue before it took to the skies were looking for a name but they were beaten to the Pan Am name. It's too bad because since Jetblue is an airline based out of the old TWA Terminal at JFK that would've been perfect for them not to mention it's an A320 operator an aircraft which Pan Am wanted to replace their aging 727/737 fleet and but defered due to lack of funds.

What Guiliford is doing is equivilant to that of what happened to the old NYP but the destruction of this once proud company is still on going and to this day sickens the employees who are in my opinion the best there is and the best there was in the business. Once Pan Am and later TWA went under the airlines that remained took over all the routes and man did customer service and quality go down hill. Continental out of EWR comes close but that's it.

I will continue to hate this Guliford Railroad for a very long time just like my hatred towards Conrail for what they did towards the Lackawanna Cutoff. Guiliford is the Mahmood Ahmadinejad of railroads!

by MEC407

And with that, I think it's time to let this 8-page thread come to an end.