• Pan Am conductor mugged at Fairgrounds siding (Lewiston, ME)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by wolfmom69

Today's Lewiston Sun Journal reports that early Wed AM(July 10) that a conductor doing his brake check,after a stop, at the Fairgorunds passing siding, was attacked to by 2 young men(ages 17-25, he estimates) and a small amount of money was taken from him. Thankfully, he was not seriously injured.

The 2 men were seen running in the direction of the Tall Pines Apartments, a "subsidized housing project", whose residents are NOT "model citizens"! :-)

Guilford trains have had trouble over the years with rocks etc. being thrown at trains as they use the passing siding.

Bud

by MEC407

LEWISTON - Police are looking for two men who robbed a train conductor early Wednesday morning just off Main Street.

The Pan Am Railways conductor had stopped the train just after it crossed Main Street and was inspecting the brakes when two men came out the woods and attacked him, police said.
The full article can be viewed at:

http://www.sunjournal.com/story/220544- ... in_mugged/

by BM6569

Wow. I've taken pictures of freights from that area. There are a lot of wackos around there that walk the streets around that time of night. I live just outside the L/A area and am glad I don't have to walk those streets at night.
Hope they are caught, that crazy that conductor got robbed. Wonder if it was the one I talked to several weeks ago?

by Jonny Bolt

Wow.

Private property. Shoot em. Shoot to kill.