• Pan Am blue paint

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by Guilford Guy

hi guys
I'm about to start painting and decalling some athearn units in pan am and was wonderring if anyone had a good idea on a paint to use, I think B&M wowuld be close but would need to be a bit lighter
Thanks alex
  by Randy E.

Alex,
I think Great Northern Big Sky Blue looks pretty close.

by MEC407

A hobby shop that deals in model airplanes would probably be able to sell you a real Pan Am blue paint. :wink:

by GP40MC 1116

Not to Get Side Tracked, The Only 2 Pan Am Units in the new paint scheme are 505 and 511 right?

I DO want to get a picture of that very soon :-D

by cpf354

GP40MC 1116 wrote:Not to Get Side Tracked, The Only 2 Pan Am Units in the new paint scheme are 505 and 511 right?

I DO want to get a picture of that very soon :-D
Right! :-)

by thomas81z

gm chevy blue is close, my air cleaner is painted that on my 81z and it looks real close u can get that in any of the auto places :-D