• P42 Athearn Genisis Wheels

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by LIRR272

Hello to all,

Since Athearn makes the P42 locomotive for Walthers the units have a different set of wheels on the models. However, Athearn still uses the same part number for the wheels as when they offered the model in the Blu Box kits. Therefore, I would like to know are the wheel on the current model supplied by Walthers? does anyone know who makes them?

I wanted to use NWSL wheels, but it looks like the flange isn't as deep as the wheels on the current model. All info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lamont
  by trainguy2024

I use the NWSL on my Blue box kit dummy units. Not one derail yet. Hope that helps