• Orient Hts Yard/Parking lot Phase 2

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by StevieC48

I know John you and I touched base on what they are doing to the parking lot at Orient Hts. I was over there yesterday and where the relay tracks are (the first set of switches as you leav the Hts) two tracks continuing beyond the bumpers.I know they are expanding the yard but its intresting to look at. And Photograph

by sery2831

Yes, they are building a new front yard. In the Ts press release they say they are changing the parking lot around. Did you notice any new parking area? Or is that a lie?

by GP40MC 1116

I read today while at work from a Faxed "Special Buliten or Special Notice" that the yard tracks w the bumper posts will be OOS until further notice, so that the MBTA can extend the track and bumpers to acomidate 6 car Trains

by The Collector at Court St

Did you notice any new parking area? Or is that a lie?
They're reconfiguring the lot so they won't lose too many spaces. That lot had a fair amount of wasted space with "islands" between parking rows.

It also looks like they're going to replace some frogs where it joins the mainline.

by StevieC48

John yes there IS 2 pieces beyond the bumpers lined up with the current tracks. You need to drive in to the lot to see it. Im not sure if you can see them form the train? No they might revamp the lot after everything is all said and done lol.