• Operation Lifesaver Locos

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by NJTRailfan

Does anyone know which railroad names and loco HO Scale models have the Operation Lifesaver paint job? I did see one for a Conrail GP-35. Was hoping they had a wide cab and/or GP-40. I know there were quite a few wide cabs with various railroads done up in the OLS scheme. Any pics?

Thanks
  by timberley

VIA Rail Canada had one F40PH-2 painted in an Operation Lifesaver scheme:

http://www.operationlifesaver.ca/wp-con ... r-logo.jpg

Unfortunately, there is no HO model...there were decals available, I don't know if they still are. I've seen custom HO models done. The real loco has recently gone in to the CAD shops near Montreal to be rebuilt, and will then sport the Renaissance paint scheme.

CN also had both a single GP40 (standard cab) loco and a caboose painted for Operation Lifesaver:

Caboose:
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc68 ... C_3621.jpg

GP40:

Pacific Western Rail Systems (a Canadian Model RR shop) had a run of Atlas (?) GP40s in this CN scheme. Athearn makes an HO model of a CN caboose in op. lifesaver scheme, but it is not accurate. To get the accurate Point-St-Charles Van, you'd have to get the upcoming Overland brass model, or wait for the eventual release of the Rapido/CMT custom run of RTR plastic PSC vans. They should eventually do one in this scheme.

I know UP had an AC4400CW with OL markings, which Kato released in N scale. I don't know much about what other RRs did/do have, so I'll leave that for others.
  by Ken S.

Athearn used to have NS GP60s in OLS paint.
  by NJTRailfan

What about Conrail? I know of a GP-35 painted but what about wide cabs and GP-40s? Did NS ever have GP-40s and wide cabs as well?
  by zablocki22

Athearn did a CNW SD40-2 #6935. I superdetailed and weathered one but I do not have any pictures of it.

Vincent
  by green_elite_cab

NJTRailfan wrote:What about Conrail? I know of a GP-35 painted but what about wide cabs and GP-40s? Did NS ever have GP-40s and wide cabs as well?
There was an OLS GP15-1, and i think there was also a GP38-2 at one time (could be wrong). NS did have an OLS wide cab unit, but i don't remember the roadnumber.

Why are you so dead set on these units? You can either make your own if they don't exist, or if you want to be prototypical, look it up.
  by Ken S.

Just remembered, Walthers recently did Amtrak F40PHR 231.
  by ns3010

NS still has two GP38-2s, 526-something (I always forget the last number...) and 5290 in CR/OLS blue.

NS also has several widecabs (Dash 9's I believe), as well as (I think) GP59's in OLS.

Dunno if any of these were ever produced in HO, though.
  by conrail71

Athearn did a Blue Box CNW SD 40-2 in OLS a while back.

Mike
  by Montrealrail

conrail71 wrote:Athearn did a Blue Box CNW SD 40-2 in OLS a while back.

Mike
I get this one in HO scale a great model