• Old Signs on Retired MBTA Equiptment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by GP40MC 1116

They should come up eventually.. just the site is down right now at 12:40AM

by danib62

I just saw them two seconds ago and now they're gone!

by GP40MC 1116

danib62 wrote:I just saw them two seconds ago and now they're gone!
They should come up eventually.. just the site is down right now

by Otto Vondrak

You need to resize some of these pics- they are too huge. OR just give us the links, please.

-otto-

by Robert Paniagua

I saw some of those signs, I remember seeing them back in those days, the Blue Line sign was probably from 1981/82, while the Pass By Phone was from 1994.

by GP40MC 1116

Robert Paniagua wrote:I saw some of those signs, I remember seeing them back in those days, the Blue Line sign was probably from 1981/82, while the Pass By Phone was from 1994.
The Blue Line sign was in one of the PCC's.. while the Pass By Phone was located in 01450

by jwhite07

That second pic is interesting, except you can't see many of the ads through all the peeling-paint stalactites on the ceiling! :wink:

Which car is that anyway? Either 3083 or 3127, I'm guessing...

by GP40MC 1116

jwhite07 wrote:That second pic is interesting, except you can't see many of the ads through all the peeling-paint stalactites on the ceiling! :wink:

Which car is that anyway? Either 3083 or 3127, I'm guessing...

Jwhite07:

That was inside of 3127 and the other shots were inside Red Line 01450. I was wanting to get in the Orange Line 01179 but it got dark quick.

by Robert Paniagua

LOL, next time you go try going into 01178/79, or even the Blue Line 0500s

by GP40MC 1116

Robert Paniagua wrote:LOL, next time you go try going into 01178/79, or even the Blue Line 0500s

Ahh good ideas, maybie i will get some good stuff this month. Each weekend I am going up to Seashore for Level 1 Opperator Training. I hope to get some pictures of stuff now their is no white stuff arround, time will tell

by Robert Paniagua

Ahh good ideas, maybie i will get some good stuff this month. Each weekend I am going up to Seashore for Level 1 Opperator Training. I hope to get some pictures of stuff now their is no white stuff arround, time will tell

Oh good, hopefully I'll be able to to see what ads the late 70s/early 80s saw then :-)

by GP40MC 1116

Robert Paniagua wrote:Ahh good ideas, maybie i will get some good stuff this month. Each weekend I am going up to Seashore for Level 1 Opperator Training. I hope to get some pictures of stuff now their is no white stuff arround, time will tell

Oh good, hopefully I'll be able to to see what ads the late 70s/early 80s saw then :-)
We'll see what I can do, you havn't seen the last of my pictures. I am though trying to concentrate on opperator stuff up their. Also FYI to anynone I have about 52 shots from yesterday (Sunday 3/26/05) from arround the MBTA system, mostly Commuter Rail from N Sta and Green Line out in Riverside and Reservoir. My "geociites" free site has no room, but i can probably e-mail them out as a group e-mail if anyone wants to see em?