• Official Conway Scenic Railroad Thread (CSRR)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by CSRR573

are they gonna be using the plow this week?
  by 44 tonner

CN9634 wrote:Did anyone read the latest "Tracks with a View"? Its a pretty good issue talking about the new dinning car, the RDC trips, and a possible freight move over the CSRR! I'm assuming its a possible freight move as the last page talks about the CSRR plow train went through to Whitefield followed by a Hi-Rail which followed "in order to profile the Notch Line for possible transfer of several large transformers in the Spring of 2009." I don't know if this has been brought up before in this topic and if it has sorry for bringing up old news but this could be a pretty cool photo op! Has any freight moves ever occured over the CSRR and does anyone know if they have considered moving freight before?

Heres the newsletter: http://www.conwayscenic.com/index.cfm?f ... newsletter

About the freight move, i thought there was one on Sep. of 83' or 84'. but, i don't know, lol :-)
  by eman577

Not gonna plow this week unless there is significant snow.
Everyone is on vacation until Jan 2 anyway.

Friday=prep day
Sat=Steam In The Snow
Sun=Private photo freight

Jan 10 & 11 Snow trains to Glen
  by CSRR573

it said on the site they were runnin charters this week
  by b&m 1566

It looks like the Conway Scenic is shortening up the Crawford Notch schedule next year, running Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only, late June to mid September and then Daily from mid-September to mid-October. Is this a permanent changer or just adjusting to the tough economic times? If so does anyone know if the Valley trains will be cut back too? Click here to see for yourself.
  by Otto Vondrak

ATTENTION: This thread has been running since 2006. In an effort to make information easier to find, we will start a new "Official" thread for 2009. Thank you.
  by NHN503

44 toner wrote:
About the freight move, i thought there was one on Sep. of 83' or 84'. but, i don't know, lol :-)
Yes, it was the last of the tanks from Carroll Tank. The chopped nosed GP7 (579? I think was the normal unit on these runs)

A CSRR freight move would be kick ass and a great photo op!
  by masscoastalfan

Does anyone know if the white running boards and tires of the 7470 are still blacked out? Just wondering what to expect next weekend.
  by eman577

Ref: charters this week: Yes, Sat & Sun - see previous post
Ref: freight move photo op: Yes, Sunday. See previous post
Ref 7470 white paint: latest request was handrails black, wheels back. Not sure about walkway.
No guarantees,
Ref: Notch schedule. Yes, permanent change. No Sunday Notch train in summer unless chartered.